Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sarah's in the News!!!

This was copied from The Columbus Dispatch website. To see the actual site click on http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/flipside/stories/2008/06/03/3_STYLE3.ART_ART_06-03-08_E8_QMABNQD.html?sid=101


Affordably chic
Personal stylist looks sharp without breaking the bank
Tuesday, June 3, 2008 2:59 AM
By Kristy Eckert
Sarah Lunt goes from pricey to inexpensive with ease, pairing a $355 Nanette Lepore dress with $4 earrings from Target."

SHARI LEWIS DISPATCH photos



Her look for less includes a $30 Forever 21 jacket and a $20 H&M top.


As a personal stylist, Sarah Lunt is at home around high-priced fashion.

But as one of 11 children -- and a mother of three -- the 32-year-old Hilliard resident appreciates a bargain as much as anyone.

Money, she notes, can't buy style.

"I would say it has nothing to do with how you look," Lunt said -- "I mean, absolutely nothing."

Sure, her closet includes pricey duds from swanky stores. But it also has pieces from Target and Forever 21.

"If it's pulled together," she said, "you can't tell that one piece is from Target and one piece is from H&M."

Basics
Background: a Texas native who graduated from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, with a degree in theater and film; and moved to Columbus in 2001 with husband Darin -- an orthodontic resident at Ohio State University

Define your style: "I think Texas glam is the way to put it. My hair's always big, and there are always big earrings. And it's been like that since the beginning of time!" (laughs)

Do you try to make a statement with your clothes? "Sure. I try to portray who I am through my clothes. I think you can get clues about people, and hopefully they are nice clues."

What do you hope your clues say? "I want to be approachable -- yet pulled together and stylish."

Favorites
Stores: "Ann Taylor and H&M."

Article of clothing: "I have this great jacket, but it's from Forever 21. Nobody believes me!"

Pair of shoes: "Right now, I have a pair of Carlos Santanas from Macy's, and I just think his shoes are really sexy. But, overall, I love Betsey Johnson. Her shoes are to die for."

Accessory: "I'll go with earrings."

Splurge: "Jeans -- I love Sevens and Rock & Republic and Joe's. If you're going to splurge, go for jeans. Saks has a good selection. If I'm looking to save money, I go to Filene's."

Bargain: "Right now, I have a bag from Target. It's a limited edition. I use it as a diaper bag."

Advice: "I'm one of 11 kids, and my mom has the figure of anyone in Hollywood -- without the effort. And she would look like this (dressed to the nines) every day. Her advice was 'Don't get dressed up for other people; get dressed up for yourself.' "

Hairstyle: "Big and blond!" (laughs)

Season: "Fall, without a doubt -- boots and coats and sweaters."

Sleepwear: "I just have some flannel pants and a really comfy T."

Icon: "Can I say my mom? Yeah, my mom."

Lifestyle
Can't-miss show: " Dancing With the Stars. I think I watch it with the hope that my husband will say, 'Let's go take lessons!' So far, that hasn't happened."

Magazine subscriptions: " Shape and In Style. I don't have time to read any more than those two."

Body parts you wax: "We'll go with eyebrows -- and everything else is classified."

What you drive: "Chevy Tahoe, black."

Passion: "My kids."

Guilty pleasure: "Handel's ice cream. I like their buckeye."

Inspiration: "My family."

Last movie you watched: " High School Musical."

On your iPod: "I like a wide array of music. It has oldies like Aerosmith. It has rap. It has Natasha Bedingfield, Jill Scott. It's all my workout stuff, so anything with a good beat."

In your tummy: "Waffles with peanut butter."

Annoyance: "Mean people, like bad drivers."

Dream: "I think I'm living it, really."

Columbus' best-kept secret: "I think Columbus itself is a best-kept secret. I love this city -- everything from the shopping to the food to the people. It's a perfect city to raise a family but also have interests for myself and my husband."

Bargain bits
What are your tips on bargain shopping?
• Splurge on jeans, and save on tops and accessories.
• Don't invest in ultratrendy items: Shop for them at places such as Forever 21.
• Figure out what's good by checking for high quality in the details. Some inexpensive items are actually made well. (Is the jacket lined? Are the buttons sewn on tightly?)
• Don't buy it unless you love it. Just because it's on sale doesn't mean it's great.
• Be aware of store sales so you can have first pick of the sale rack.
function openWindow(val)

Copyright © 2008, The Columbus Dispatch

1 comment:

Jennifer and Brett Hadley said...

OH MY GOSH!! I CANT BELIEVE IT. YOUR SISTER IS SO PRETTY AND DESERVES TO BE IN THERE. WAY TO GO SARA!!