Wednesday, June 18, 2008
No, I'm Not Giving You My Money!
Why are all of the stores trying to sell you their "Club Membership"? If it's free, I'll take it, but I'm not giving you $5 so that I can earn 3 points or save $1. This is spreading like wildfire, too. GNC charges you a yearly fee to be able to save a small percentage for only a few days every month. So does Barnes & Noble. I don't mind spending the yearly membership fee for Sam's, because everything really is cheaper and I shop there on at least a monthly basis, but, honestly, how often do you shop at Things Remebered? That's one of the stores I went to to get one of Brandon's birthday presents. When they were ringing me up, they asked if I would like to join their club. My immediate response was, "How much?" The sales lady smiled and said, "It's five dollars." and quickly added, "But it's a one-time fee." Yeah, thanks, but no thanks. I very highly doubt I would be back often enough to warrant membership in their exclusive club.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's pretty funny, paying them to shop in their store, what...do they think we're stupid? You saw through their sneaky little schemes!
I'm w/fenerba! good job on seeing through the scam haha
Love your new blog background! I agree with you. There are so many schemes.
Post a Comment