Thursday, October 23, 2008

Needles...Yuck!

Brandon's work paid for us to get Flu shots today, so I went down to Columbia and met Brandon at his office so we could go get that done. I've never had one before and I've heard they are pretty bad, so I was a little nervous. Turns out, it isn't that bad. It felt kind of like a bee sting, but it was over so quickly that I hardly noticed. I don't even have a mark on me, either. I hate needles, so I was not looking forward to this, but I felt it necessary since I got the Flu last November and have had Bronchitis twice this year. And since prior preparation prevents poor performance (I think that's how it goes- Brandon says it from time to time) I would rather endure a few seconds of pain than a week of being sick. Hopefully we won't have any of those bad side effects I've heard about. At least it gave me a chance to spend some time with Brandon. After the shots, we browsed at Best Buy, then ate lunch at Houlihan's. It was all worth it in the end.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You'll be glad you got! I've gotten mine the last 3 years and I've never gotten the flu. I ALWAYS get the flu every year. Even if you get the flu it shouldn't be as bad with the vaccine.