Monday, October 6, 2008

Alternative Methods of Fitness

Now that the drama has passed, I am anxious to get back to normal. My normal involves me trying to get myself in better shape. Now I am really missing my treadmill, since we sold it for the move. I definitely need to get my cardio in, but I don't feel comfortable going running outside by myself and I don't want to fork over the cash for a gym membership. My options are dwindling and I need some ideas. I've deduced that the best way to get my lazy, homebody self to exercise is by not making me leave my home. That pretty much leaves DVDs. I have a few, but am looking to expand my collection, because I have a tendency to get bored of them easily. I need to be able to rotate and mix it up. If any of you have any ideas for specific DVDs or types of exercise (ie: yoga, some sort of dance, etc), I am BEGGING for input!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

tae bo bootcamp will kick your booty... I don't necessarily love it but I love how I feel later! love ya!

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

That's one of the few fitness DVD's I have. It's the one with the 3 discs and the resistance bands. You are right, it is a tough one!

Anonymous said...

if you have a wii system the wii fit is an excellant workout. There is alot of different variation.
Kathy

Sarah Lunt said...

well, i think you already know my recommendation so i will save you from my turbo jam testimonial!
good luck...watch out for those endorphins. ;)

Cathi said...

I just got back in town yesterday from an unexpected trip (my grandfather died) and found out that you've had quite the week. Sorry I wasn't around or had internet or I WOULD have called you. I am glad that you are feeling better and I hope that things go well with Round 3.

As to exercise, I believe I have a Power 90 DVD (it's cardio and strength training) that you can have. I'm sure the people below me would appreciate me not using it, or since I think you have Comcast, OnDemand has ExerciseTV or maybe it's FitTV that I'm pretty sure is free. They have a lot of different types so you could try them out until you find one you like.