Monday, October 13, 2008
More Adventures in Fitness
Trial and error. That's what I'm experiencing with trying out these new work-out DVDs I rented from Netflix. I got Denise Austin: Burn Fat Fast: Cardio Blast, which looks like it came straight from the '80s with the pastel colors and cheesy music. And her voice! It's like nails on a chalkboard! I also got Crunch: Pick Your Spot Pilates, which I haven't tried yet and Get Ripped 1000, which I don't have the equipment for. I need to get some 10lb weights and a stepper for this one. So, I went back to Billy Blanks today and I am so glad I did. I love that he uses music that has a beat and doesn't sound like it should be played in an elevator. I also feel really good doing his work-out, because it forces me to control my muscles, which, as we all know, is essential in feeling the burn. Denise Austin's video was supposed to be kick boxing, but she had me jumping around and twisting in ways that were beginning to hurt my knees. With my bad joints, I can't risk doing workouts that strain them and that one, had I finished it, probably would have sent me to the couch with an ice pack. Anyway, I felt so good doing the Tae Bo today that I am FINALLY ready to move on to disc two. I've had this set of DVDs for almost a year and I've never been consistent enough in using them to warrant moving past disc one. I'm so excited to move on to the next disc that I want to do it right now (five minutes after finishing disc one)! That's strange...I'm actually excited to exercise. Maybe this is a turning point. Oh, and by the way, for those of you who are familiar with my clumsines (aka bruises without any explanation as to how they got there), the Tae Bo is actually improving my balance. I haven't fallen down, bumped into something, or done any bodily damage in a week! YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment