Friday, October 10, 2008

Adventures in Fitness

I've really been pushing myself the past couple of days and I love how I feel after a good workout that really challenges me. Tae Bo is a classic, so I've been doing that with the resistance bands (my entire back feels like one big bruise). Great workout, though. Yesterday, I needed to mix it up with some straight cardio, so I popped in one of my other DVDs, a Brazilian dance workout, that I've only used a couple of times. I have been blessed with several talents, but dancing is simply not one of them! I've always suspected it, but my performance yesterday confirmed it. With all those drums they were playing, it took me forever to find the beat and, even then, I couldn't stay on it. My complete lack of rythm combined with my clumsiness would have been great fodder for Brandon, if he had been there to witness it. The sad thing is that I really tried. What can I say? I'm a whitey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember I just looked amazing when I used to dance. 
Even Tina Turner say’s it’s her best kept secret.  I too have no rhythm and
think I have 2 left feet but I found a great dance exercise video that seems to
be getting great press called DanceX with Kenn Kihiu from
http://www.dancexfitness.com one word
amazing. It’s fun easy to follow with some great music. There is a lady in the
background who looks just like me and she seems to be just fighting to keep up
with the instructor so it makes me feel like I'm not all alone.  Made me feel
young again, maybe I might grub my hubby and twist his arm for a night out of
town