Monday, May 12, 2008

My Happy Future-Mothers Day

Every year, around Mothers Day, I tend to get a little down. Brandon is always SO supportive and understanding; I couldn't ask for more. This year, he anticipated my moodiness and surprised me with a Future-Mothers Day present. He got me a few necklaces and a card. The necklaces were adorable, very trendy, but Brandon knows my style and ALWAYS picks out just what I'll like. The best present was the card. Anyone who really knows Brandon knows that he is not a fan of birthday cards or greeting cards... or any card that costs money, really. He thinks they are a waste. I was so moved by the card he bought me that I just had to share it with everybody (minus what he wrote at the end)

I Want to Grow Old Loving You

I love you for the life we have together-
for the sweet, romantic moments that we share,
For the fun we have just being with each other,
for the tender ways you show me that you care.

I love you for the home we've made together-
how it warms me as I leave to face my day,
How the happy smiles that wait inside each evening
mean more to me than I could ever say...

I love you for the way you stand beside me-
for your promises that are forever true,
For your willingness to work things out together,
and for knowing I can always count on you.

I love you for the ways that you complete me-
all the ways that you've inspired me to grow,
And for all the times you've listened and encouraged,
your the closest friend that I could ever know...

And I love that we'll be growing old together
through each changing season all the years will bring-
For I know that we were meant to be forever-
you're my love, my life, my world, my everything.

It makes me tear up every time I read it. He is always so thoughtful. I am so glad that I made the choice to marry my best friend, literally. I am so blessed and I have so much to be thankful for that if we are blessed with children, it will only be the icing on the cake.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweetheart he is!
my sister in law had a lesson in her RS on Sunday and they taught that we are all mothers whether we have children or not. They said that Eve was a mother before she had children... SHe was the mother of the earth... we are all mothers of something :)

Melissa said...

He's a keeper!! It's nice that he recognizes how important and hard this is for you. I hope it works out that you get to have the icing on your cake. =)

Marianne said...

What a sweet card! I'm glad you had such a good Mother's Day.

Alisa said...

oh, that is so sweet. You guys are cute.

Jennifer and Brett Hadley said...

Awww..husbands are great!! I hope things are going good for you. Mackenzie is getting tubes in her ears on the 28th, so I am trying not to freak out about that. I know I know, it isnt a big deal, but it is to me. My little girl is having surgery!! Get more pictures up girl!!