Do you ever get that sinking feeling when you go to the mailbox, because you know that it is full of bills? I hate that feeling! Today, when I went to get the mail, I was pleasantly surprised that there was only one bill and a catalog to JC Penny. Little did I know that I was in for an even BIGGER surprise when I opened that bill. (insert scary music from Jaws here) My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw $529.37 as the amount owed. How is that possible?!?! Brandon and I both have the Simply Everything plan from Sprint, so it is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE for us to owe that much. Needless to say, I immediately got on the phone with Sprint. I was on the phone for OVER an hour and a half trying to get this sorted out. The end result was that they admit it was an error on their part, but they don't know what the error is. So, they filed a claim for us and we won't know what our balance is until May 29th.
The funny thing is that I felt really sorry for the poor girl that had to help me. She sounded very young and kind of scared, like she just expected to get yelled at by every customer. She was so surprised that I was being nice to her that she asked me if I was not upset about this. I told her that I understood that it wasn't her fault. She wasn't the one that made the mistake and that I realized that being rude and demanding wasn't going to get me anywhere. My mom always says you attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar and to kill them with kindness. I will admit that this is a lesson I have to work REALLY hard at living. So the girl thanked me for being so patient and polite. She told me that almost all of the customers that call are rude and yell, so it made me feel good to know that my mother's teaching have not been wasted.
By the way, I know that everyone is waiting to see the hair-do. I will get pictures up once Brandon is home to take some. I really LOVE the cut, but the color isn't as light as I would have liked. I guess I'll just have to go blonder each time and gradually ease into it. Either way, I'm glad I got it done, since I have to sing a solo at church tomorrow and want to look my best. I was long overdue for a new 'do.
1 comment:
way to "kill 'em with kindness"
my mom used that phrase too!
and excited for the new do :)
Post a Comment