Saturday, August 9, 2008

Quick Update

I just wanted to give a quick update on what's been going on since the move, etc. I am blogging this from the Hilton hotel in Columbia, MD. Why am I at a hotel when I have a perfectly good apartment and have only been here a week, you ask? That's because I have really bad luck. We got to Maryland last Sunday and moved in that day, so Brandon could start work on Monday. He started his job and everything is going well with that, but the apartment has had a few problems. It is a ground floor apartment, so if there's anything wrong with the plumbing, gravity sends it all to us. Wish I'd thought of that before I rented this apartment. Anyway, a few days ago, we started having problems with the laundry area in our kitchen spraying water and flooding our kitchen and soaking through to the carpet in the bedroom on the other side of the wall. It turns out the crew that renovated our apartment aren't known for their quality of work. Lucky us. Well, the apt. manager gave us an allowance and told us we could stay in a hotel while they rip out our kitchen and tear up our floor to put in all new plumbing. So, we are scheduled to stay here until Monday, but we'll see how long it takes them to get the work done. They told us two days, but it sounds like a lot of work to do in such a short amount of time. On a lighter note, we spent today in Gettysburg, PA touring the battlefields and we took lots of pictures. I'll post them when we get back to our apartment, along with the pictures of our nieces and nephews in Utah. One thing I am really looking forward to, though, is going out to Ohio to see Sarah and her family for a week. I'm going out there on the 20th to stay with her girls while she and Darin (and Roman) go check out Tucson, AZ. They are looking around to see where he wants to set up practice, since he is graduating in about 8 MONTHS!!! YAY Darin!!! Well, I haven't had a chance to spend much time with Sarah's family, so I am SO EXCITED to be able to go out there and hang out with the girls, plus I'll get to spend a few days with Sarah, Darin and Roman when they get back from Arizona. I think I'm going to have a LOT to post about in the near future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the apartment troubles! That stinks! Glad you got to post though. I love the updates! We lived south of Tucson for awhile last year. Hope that all goes well! Look forward to pictures :)

Marianne said...

Well that stinks! (I hope not literally). At least they're paying for the hotel, right? Anyway, I'm so excited you get to visit the Lunts! You're going to have to tell us about all the hilarious things those girls say. This is gonna be good!