Thursday, August 28, 2008
Home Again
I just got back from Ohio yesterday afternoon. I had so much fun, but am glad to be home for a while. I flew out last Wednesday, with a layover in NYC. It was so neat to see the Empire State Building and Central Park, even though it was an aerial view. I even saw Donald Trump's private plane as we were taxiing for take-off. You can't miss it. It's black with a bit of gold and says TRUMP in bold letters across the side. Pretty cool. The best part was being able to spend time with Sarah and her family. She has three beautiful kids and a wonderful husband. They left on Thursday, taking Roman, their 9 month old boy, with them. I kept Allie, age 6, and Kate, age 4, at home with me. We did all sorts of things, like play Polly Pocket, have a tea party, build a tent in the basement, and arts and crafts. The girls had a great time, but they really missed their parents. We were all so glad to see them come home on Sunday. After they got back, I got to spend some time with Sarah, which I haven't had the chance to do much since I got married 6 years ago. We've always lived several states apart and travel that far is expensive. We really only got to see each other when we both flew out to see our family in Texas. Anyway, I have to say I absolutely loved having that one on one time with Sarah. She is such an amazing person. She is talented, ambitious, supportive, encouraging, nurturing, and patient. (I have to stop there, otherwise the list would just keep going!) I am so glad that we live close enough to see each other now. I am dreading their upcoming move in March. In the meantime, we are going to take full advantage of this opportunity we have to spend time together. Brandon and I will be driving out for Thanksgiving, where Sarah and I plan to run a 5K together. Sarah is in great shape and I need to get in better shape, so this is a reasonable goal for me and gives me a direct point to shoot for. Well, without further ado, here are some of my favorite pictures from this trip:





































Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Her girls are getting big!! I still cant figure out who her little boy looks like!! Great pictures!!
awwwww, thanks Cari! We LOVED having you and can't wait for Thanksgiving. The girls are missing you, sadly I can't build a Polly Mansion like you! The pictures turned out darling, you are a talented photographer. We'll have to get an 'official' family picture when you're here again.
Big Hug,
Sarah
Sarah is awesome and I bet it was so fun getting to hang out with her. I'm glad y'all are close for a little bit. Also glad you're out of Florida. What a great time to move when you did. Way to take advantage of being so close to so many great things and places. Sarah's girls are soooooo cute. I love Alli's Audrey look. Both girls are so gorgeous. Glad you had fun.
Post a Comment