Monday, August 18, 2008
Settling In
What a relief to have a home! We've never lived in an apartment before (as a couple), so this is a whole new way of life for us. Either way, I'm having a great (and a bit stressful) time making our apartment into a home. The delay we encountered certainly set me back, but I am definitely making strides now. Today I put together the shelves that we will use as our pantry, since our pantry has been renovated into a laundry area. I was worried about having enough cabinet space, but the shelves have certainly remedied that problem. We bought this huge set of metal shelves (from Sam's) that offer PLENTY of space for all of our food and extra items. With the shelves in place and stocked, I was finally able to get our kitchen organized and was even able to cook our very first meal in our apartment. It definitely wasn't gourmet, but it sure beats the t.v. dinners we've choked down since arriving. Tomorrow I am going to tackle the living room before I start packing for my trip to Hiho (as Allie used to call it). My goal is to leave the apartment as livable as possible, since I'm abandoning Brandon for a whole week. He's pretty pitiful about that part, too. He keeps telling me how much he's going to miss me and asking what he's supposed to do this weekend without me. Tonight he asked, "Who am I going to go on a date with this weekend?" (Friday is date night.) I told him, "I told you to make a friend at church yesterday, so you could have a man-date." lol *Lori, tell Rob that Brandon is really missing those man-dates, now! (Rob would always go with Brandon to see the movies I didn't want to see and try the restaurants I was too picky for, while Lori and I would hang out doing girl stuff.) Well, I plan to take pictures of the apartment when there aren't boxes everywhere, so I'll post those before too long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love getting settled in after a move... it is fun to find a new setup for old things. Have fun in OH!
Going from a house to an apartment is hard. You're hubby is so sweet to miss you. I'd say I'd whine quite a bit if Justin left for a week. When I'm the one who leaves it's ok, but I hate being at home by myself.
Post a Comment