Today is David's 25th birthday and I just wanted to take a moment to wish him a happy birthday (insert happy birthday song here) and tell him how grateful we are that he is a part of our family. David is an incredible person. He has always been a hard worker, very intelligent, and has a natural ability to fix/build just about anything. He's adventurous and has never been afraid to try anything, like bull riding, for instance. Growing up in Central Texas exposed us to a whole new way of life that included using our beef cattle for sport. We loved watching rodeos and David decided that he wanted to be just like those cowboys. I think he was about 10 years old when he started riding. It was just steers at first, but by the time he was 11 he was participating in local rodeos riding bulls upwards of 1000 pounds! Of course he was good at that, too. David is good at everything. He was a good missionary, serving in the Riverside, CA mission. He is good at fixing cars, which started out as him fixing/building go carts to sell when he was only 10 years old and has turned into a successful side business of fixing up cars & trucks to sell. And, he is good at working. This sounds odd, I know, but his work ethic is unparalleled. Whatever he does, he puts 100% of himself into it. I aspire to be more like him. He will be finishing up school very soon and he has an adorable, sweet wife, Kelli (who I think is the greatest!) and his life is definitely headed places. Even though he is my "little" brother, I look up to him. David, I hope you know how much I love you and how grateful I am to have you as my brother! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment