Saturday, July 19, 2008

My House is in Shambles!

The packing is 3/4ths of the way done. The moving company has been selected. The apartment has been chosen. Now we need a vacation. Hey! I think I'll go to Utah! That sounds like a GREAT idea! lol We've had this trip to Utah planned since February and are so excited to go. It's been three years since we've been out there to see Brandon's family and that is WAY too long, as far as I'm concerned. Plus, I get to see Caroline and her family, too! Lucky us! We fly out at 6:00am on Tuesday and there is still so much to do before we go. I really need to finish the packing and finalize things with the moving company. The apartment lease needs to be signed and the deposit paid. They are Fed-Exing the paperwork to us and we should get that on Monday. I may just take it with me and send it from Utah. It all depends on what time of day it arrives. I am feeling just a teensy bit overwhelmed by it all. Okay, make that REALLY overwhelmed. My house looks like we've been robbed. It is pretty bare of furniture, but there are still a lot of little things here and there that need to be packed. We are planning to have the carpets cleaned as soon as we get back from Utah and that will be the final touch. Brandon has to stay employed through August 1st, so we can keep our health insurance for the entire month, so we won't be heading for Maryland until that evening. The plan is for us to get back from Utah on July 29th. Mike (Brandon's brother that lives in Jacksonville) and his family are going to come stay a night with us (poor things don't have a clue what they are getting into. there's nothing for them to sleep on and nothing to eat!) and pick up some large things they bought from us (chest freezer, Christmas tree/decorations, surround sound system) as soon as we get back. It will be great having that time with them. I wish we had been able to spend more time with them than we did, but Mike runs a Ford dealership and has a crazy work schedule. They will just have to come up to Maryland to see us! Anyway, Brandon will work on the 30th through the 1st and we will leave for Maryland that evening, stopping in Jacksonville for dinner with Mike and his family. We'll probably stay that night in Atlanta, so we will be well rested for the rest of the journey. We will be moving almost 1,000 miles north. The town we are moving to is called Windsor Mill. It's 15 minutes West of Baltimore and 30 minutes North of Washington, DC. I am so excited by the prospect of having things to do, a VARIETY of things to do. After we get settled in, the first thing I want to do is go to Gettysburg, PA and see the battlefield. Next, I want to go to the Smithsonian. I realize this will take SEVERAL trips to see everything, since it is spread throughout several buildings, but that's okay. It's not like we won't be living close enough to go whenever we want. Next, I want to take a train to New York City and see Times Square and Central Park. It's going to be amazing! This is such an adventure. Brandon and I were talking yesterday about how it seems like everything in our lives is about to change. It feels like we are closing a chapter and opening a completely new one, where our lives will be completely different. I can't wait to see what's in store for us. Oh, well. I guess we have to have faith and just dive in head first!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for y'all! I love all the sights you mentioned! we have done them all but NYC and I love all the civil war sights there! and also I totally suggest getting day passes for the subway b/c it is the BEST way to see DC! yay! and I didn't even realize we would see y'all this week! OH and jake has the 24th off if y'all want to hang out then as well :) love ya!

Sarah Lunt said...

I'm sooo excited for y'all too! This is going to be so amazing. I just Google-mapped it and we're around 6 1/2 hours away.....wooohooo! We'll have to talk soon.
Luv ya!
S

Marianne said...

What an exciting life! You get to go on trips and adventures and visit Sarah...lucky!

Alisa said...

Next time you come to UT I hope you stop by to see us. Also, Maybe if Murdock in is still open we will come to see you, maybe go to D.C. and NYC!!!