I HATE being sick. I went to the doctor this morning and, apparently, I'm not dying, but I feel like I am. My fever was pretty steady through the weekend and has been up and down since yesterday. My cough has been a really bad dry cough, where, when I cough, it tickles and makes me need to cough even more. It's a catch 22. Well, it turns out I have bronchitis. He said there is a really bad strain of it going around here for the past few months and, in some cases, has turned into walking pneumonia. I've had walking pneumonia before and it feels very similar to what I have now. He said that if I hadn't come in in time, it would have turned into that. He said that this is a particularly aggressive type of bronchitis that comes on very suddenly and is hard to shake. Normally he prescribes a Z-pack (antibiotic) to treat it, but hasn't had much success with it with this particular type of infection. Instead, he is treating me with 500mg pills of a much stronger antibiotic called Clarithromycin and a Tussin cough syrup. They both taste horrible! I have always hated taking medicine and it certainly doesn't help when it tastes icky!
On another note, we have been waiting to let everyone know our plans for the move to Maryland until everything was certain, but things have progressed enough that I can give y'all an idea of what's going on. Brandon got the "official" offer last week and is getting his physical/drug screening right now, to make it all officially official. He is planning to accept, so we will probably be moving after we get back from Utah in a couple of weeks. We have been praying about this for so long and after we made our decision we started praying for confirmation. When Brandon got to work this morning, his Division President called him into his office to get Brandon's thoughts on a particular issue. (He really trusts Brandon and values his opinion.) He told him that things aren't looking good for the division and that they were planning on laying off one of Brandon's co-workers, Dan. Dan's job is fairly similar to Brandon's, but he doesn't have college education, which would make it much more difficult to find a job in this market. Brandon saw this as an opportunity to help Dan out and himself. He told his boss that he has another opportunity that he is looking into and that Dan should be allowed to keep his job and he would take his place on the chopping block. His boss was really impressed and grateful to have a solution to the problem. He told Brandon that he can take all the time he needs before they lay him off and that they will give recommendations for him if he needs them. We have been praying that they would lay him off, so that he could get severance and I got chills when he called and told me about the conversation. This is the confirmation we have been searching for. I feel so blessed that it is all coming together like this. I pray that it will continue to go smoothly and that I will be able to find us a home quickly. There is so much to do and I can't be sick and get it all done. Hopefully the medicine will work its magic and I will be all better and we will be able to move quickly and smoothly. Thank you for all of your prayers and support! We love y'all!!!
6 comments:
AMAZING! I love how the Lord's hand works in our lives! and severance will pay for the move right?
I had a feeling you were going to go. I am sad you will be leaving, but happy you will not have to worry about job stability. I am sure we will end up leaving Port St. Lucie at some point too. We will miss you guys, but you know we will be in touch often. Now I am all teary eyed again. Did you have to go and make me cry?
HOOO-RAY!!! (But first, get better! Take your medicine, missy, and get well quickly!)
I'm so incredibly happy for you - I love that everything is coming together so well. You'll be terribly missed, of course, but I'm so glad you're being blessed, and that your prayers have been answered, as is well-deserved!!! Congratulations to you both!!
I am so sorry you are sick I HATE being sick and I never take my medicine either. Congrats and good luck with the move!!!
Oh, I am so happy that things are starting to fall into place you you. I am sorry you are sick but the news of your job and moving sounds great. I hoep you feel better, and happy for Dan and his family not to have to deal with a layoff. Funny how we both keep moving at the same time. Think we will ever end up by eachother again?
Sorry, I just re-read my comment after posting and this is what you get with a Utah education!
Post a Comment