Monday, September 8, 2008

Zyrtec & Visine-A

Yesterday, after church, we had a company picnic to go to, where I would be meeting Brandon's co-workers and bosses for the first time. Obviously, I wanted to look my best and make a good first impression. So, of course, that would be the time I have the BIGGEST allergy attack of my life!!! Before church I sneezed a bit and my eyes were a little itchy and red, but nothing unmanageable. When we got home and started to get ready for the picnic I had the worst sneezing sequence EVER! I couldn't stop! My eyes started tearing and itching like crazy. So, I had to rub them. Well, I rubbed and I rubbed. The itching just got worse and the sneezing kept coming back. I looked in the mirror at my eyes and I was horrified! Not only were my eyelids puffy, as that was not enough... They were misshapen. My eyeballs were actually swollen!! But, no, they couldn't just swell and stay round. They had to turn into some kind of deformed red oval that made me want to retch. I started freaking out. I had to be ready to go in an hour and a half and I looked scary. Brandon went to Walgreens and bought me some Zyrtec and Visine-A. I quickly took the Zyrtec, then laid down and put the eye drops in. The sneezing stopped and the swelling went down a bit. I was finally able to put on a little bit of make-up, but I couldn't wear my contacts. I was stuck in my "librarian glasses". When I got there, people kept telling me that I look like Sarah Palin, McCain's running mate. I'm not sure if they were telling me I look old or if it was supposed to be a compliment. Hhmmm... Well, at least I was able to go and I didn't look like a monster (although, politicians could be considered monsters!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake thinks Palin is beautiful so it was a compliment :)

Melissa said...

I think that was a complete compliment. I think she is so beautiful. Cari I'm sure looked great. You always do.

Unknown said...

Since you and I seem to have the same allergies, I should have warned you. Fall was the WORST time for me when we lived up north. If it is okay with your doctor (while you are trying for a baby) I would take Zyrtec at night before bed, so you have a full 24 hrs. of relief without drowsiness. If I take it during the day, it sometimes makes me super sleepy. I have been taking the children's chewable kind. And ditto what they said about Palin.

Alisa said...

Ha, you totally do! Dangerboy on the radio (remember 94.9, but now it is 97 something) said Pallin is a MILF, although, I think MILD is a little nicer!