
On Saturday, Brandon and I went with our friends, Rob and Lori, to the Miami Zoo and to The Cheesecake Factory in Palm Beach Gardens. We had such a blast!!! Here are some of my favorite pictures:

That's me chillin' with my flamingo peeps.

I LOVE to watch Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet! I was so excited to see them in person, but they are even smaller than I thought. My kitten, Jack, could sit on one of them and squash his guts out!

This was really cool. There was no fence in between us and the cheetah and I swear she was looking right at me. (probably thinking how good I would taste!)

This is Lori and Rob Ramotar. They are our best friends, here in Florida. Lori is my partner in Embrace Bath & Body and she makes the most beautiful jewelry! She is so talented and she is a crazy cat lady, just like me!

We didn't get to see the male lion, but the lionesses were really cute dozing in the shade.

This picture is from the tram ride we took of the zoo. They took us behind the scenes, where they showed us the breeding area and the INCINERATOR! We were shocked! Then they took us past the building where they perform the autopsies. I couldn't stand to take pictures of anything so creepy and depressing!

The tram ride was certainly interesting, to say the least. Aside from the weird stuff they showed us in the back, our guides didn't know what all the animals were, etc. When we were in the back looking at the breeding pens, we passed one cage and one of the guides says, "Here we have the...oh. There was supposed to be an animal in there. I don't know where it went." (I can't help but laugh as I recall this, because was so serious when she said it!) The ride got even more interesting when one of the maintenance guys parked his vehicle in the middle of the path and we had to wait several minutes for him to move it. It had broken down, so he had to push it out of the way. As soon as he moved it, our tram broke down! This is a picture of another maintenance guy who fixed it so we could get going again. Yay for maintenance workers!

This is one of my favorite pictures, because I swear those lemurs posed for me!
This otter kept going in circles. It was like he had ADHD or something. He just couldn't sit still!
All in all, it was a good trip. We had perfect weather. The animals were mostly out and about, so we got great shots and we had a delicious dinner in Palm Beach Gardens. Thanks Ramotars for inviting us!!!
6 comments:
Cute!! Looks like yall had lots of fun. I cant wait to take Mackenzie to the zoo. I think she would enjoy it. Plus, You look GREAT!! I love your hair. Did you color it?? I remember it being a little lighter. Anywho, I am glad you put more pictures up. Keep it going with the pictures!! :)
Ah, a day to always remember. The incinerator, the wacky animals, the hyper otters. It is now 3 days later, and Rob and I are still dreaming about the food we ate at Cheesecake Factory. By the way, shouldn't you be in bed? LOL! posted by me at 11:50pm.....
fun!
love the pics!
cute top!
Well that sounds like a fun adventure! I love the zoo, but I haven't been in a long time. I had to lol when I read about the guide saying she didn't know where the animal went, that's hilarious. And I wonder if that otter had some kind of mental issue, what a crazy!
Ok, first and foremost. . . you look soooooooo good!!!! Second, cheesecake factory is my absolute favorite! I'm glad y'all had fun. Great pics.
that was GREAT Cari loved the pics and the video crazy otter
Post a Comment