I have many New Year's Resolutions this year. Some of them I have abandoned, but some I am still working on. #1 on my list is to get in shape.(cliche, I know) I only have a few months until our trip to Utah, so I am trying to get my butt in gear. So, I have all the equipment for kick boxing and have never used it, so last night I gave it a try. Keep in mind that I have absolutely 0 hand - eye coordination and -5 training. Needless to say, I almost kicked myself in the head, punched myself and actually fell twice. I know, I know, why didn't somebody video this?!?! Well, Brandon was at Young Men's playing basketball, so I was not being supervised! Bad husband! All in all, I have to say that it felt awesome! Sometimes you just need to hit something!
#2 on my list is to learn to play the guitar. Brandon bought me a gorgeous Epiphone 12-string guitar for Valentine's Day. Word to the wise, don't try to learn on a 12-string. I wound up taking off 6 strings and am making a lot of progress.
#3 is to call my sisters and brother more often. I have actually been pretty good about this one. I try to call a couple of them a week. It's going pretty well.
I added #4 to the list after Travis passed away. Being at the services and seeing all the people that we grew up with made me realize that I am a bad friend. I have let too many friendships slip away, because I focused too much on myself. I am really trying to make an effort to track down lost friends and stay in touch this time! One of them actually found me (Thank you, Melissa Ann!-but I need to get your email address!) I am now in touch with 5 people from Vidor that I haven't been in touch with for the past 6 years at least. Yay for friends!
I hope this encourages you to not give up on your Resolutions and Life Lists. It's never too late to learn something new and friends should be treated like family, not forgotten just because you move or get married or have kids or any of the countless distractions! Good luck to you on your goals!
3 comments:
OH CARI THESE ARE GREAT!
WE HAVE JAKE'S FAM REUNION IN JUNE AND "IN SHAPE" IS WHAT I WANT TO BE TOO!
CALLS ARE SO HARD FOR ME... I AM BETTER WITH THE COMPUTER BUT I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT AND I SHOULD CALL MORE
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INSPIRATION!!!
Thanks Caroline! We should get together when we come out to visit in July! Let me know if you can fit us in.
Thanks for sharing, Cari. I need to email you. My email is matullis@gmail.com I look forward to hearing from you if I don't email you first. We're going to Utah this weekend. It was motivating to read your list of resolutions.
Post a Comment