Friday, December 17, 2010

Hooray for Christmas!

Now that the semester is over (well, after my Friday class, anyway), I can focus on Christmas and really enjoy this time of year.  Almost all of my shopping is done, the tree is up, presents are wrapped and under the tree, the cards have all been mailed, but there is still more to do.  It's just so nice to have the majority of my to-do list checked off.  I'm still working on a couple of homemade gifts that I'm really excited about, so stay tuned for pics of those.

I love our Christmas tree!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Since our cards have already been mailed, I figure it's safe to post the card here.  I am actually pretty proud of this year's card.  Normally, I buy a few boxes of cute cards, hand write a message in every single one, hand address each one, and mail them out.  This year I set up a studio in my house, put the camera on the tripod, used my remote, and took our pics myself!  After we decided which pic to use, I edited it with a vintage style and designed the card myself.  Thanks to Sam's Club and their awesome prices, I was able to order my 5x7's for cheap cheap!  I even found some adorable matching purple envelopes online that arrived much earlier than I expected.  Add a silver sharpie to the mix for address the envelopes and I think I came up with a fabulous card!  (Not to be too prideful. ha ha!)
Photobucket
And here's the one I made for my awesome friend, Jade.  I had so much fun taking their pics, which I'm still working on because there were so many.
 Photobucket
Brandon actually likes their card more than ours, but that doesn't bother me, since I get to take credit for both. ;)
These are some Martha Stewart trees that our Relief Society offered kits for at a craft night that I wasn't able to attend, because I had class that night.  Luckily, I was able to get the kit from Cathi, so I still got to put mine together...just without the added social bonus that the other ladies got. :(  It actually worked out well, though, because I was able to use it as an activity for B and I to do together.  Gotta love that QT that we haven't been getting enough of lately!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Dexter has been really enjoying the decorations and the presents under the tree.
Photobucket
He's gotten into a bit of trouble for chewing on the ribbon on the gifts.  That's not all the trouble he's gotten into, though.  He is very good at sneaking past us when we have a closet door open.  Brandon was getting the wrapping paper out of the a closet the other day and didn't notice that Dexter had crept into the closet right in front of him.  B closed the door and went about his business.  About an hour later we heard meowing coming from the closet and something get knocked over.  I caught these pics before we let him out.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I couldn't miss the opportunity to capture those adorable paws sticking out from under the door.  What was Jack doing the whole time his brother was trapped, you wonder?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Watching and waiting for treats, of course!  And that's enough of the crazy cat lady posting. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Can't wait to get mine (assuming I'm on your list lol) I love your tree too!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Great work on everything, especially saving the cat :)

Deborah said...

I love your tree. Everyday I find one more ornament from our tree on the ground. Sorry I didn't get to you my craft kit. I'll get it for you for next year.

Unknown said...

I LOVE your card. It made me laugh when I opened it and it still makes me smile every time I walk by it. It's so cute!!! Also, sometimes your posts make me want to get a cat...

...one of these days I might give in.

Sheryl said...

Your tree is beautiful with all the lovely wrapping that matches the tree! I especially love the top with the twisty things coming out.

You know I like the card--so cute! Oh, and the cat pictures are so fun. I wish I could capture things the way you do. Such talent!

Kitties & Cupcakes said...

Your tree is beautiful! I noticed you did it in your fav. color. ( : Your card designs are fab! Hope you guys have a great Christmas. I will give you a call sometime soon. Miss ya!

Kayla and Joshua said...

YOur tree is so pertty cari!! i love it! and those christmas trees you made are so cool! you should teach me how to make them!