We decided to kick off the summer with a trip to Atlantic City last weekend. I got an amazing deal on a room at Harrah's Resort with free buffet passes and other amenities through BzzAgent. We had the best time! Our room was gorgeous and the buffet was so delish!
Since we aren't gamblers, we decided to drive over to the boardwalk, but found a really neat lighthouse, Absecon Lighthouse. We climbed all two hundred and something stairs up to the top to look out at the Atlantic and the city. It would have been a breathtaking view if it weren't for the fog that hung around all weekend. The lighthouse itself was beautiful regardless.
After our tour there, we made our way over to the boardwalk and had lunch at Nathan's (site of the annual hot dog eating championship). It also made a great place to people watch, one of our favorite pass-times. I always thought that airports had the best people-watching, but I think this place topped them all!
It really was a perfect weekend. We didn't have a schedule to keep, or any real plans, for that matter, which always makes for the best vacations, because it's so relaxed. It was even nice having that time in the car on the way there and back. I love road trips, even short ones like this. With a start like this, it's going to be a great summer!

3 comments:
That's so fun to just chill and not be rushed on a schedule. It looks so nice there! Besides the over 200 steps scaring me, I think I would have been claustrophobic in that staircase! I bet that was nice to relax after school is over.
I agree with Caitlin on that staircase. I would have been afraid that I would have slipped and feel. I'm sure it was nice to have a relaxing schedule free weekend after a semester of due dates and deadlines.
Fun trip! Great pictures, as usual! I would love to have a relaxed vacation with no specific plans. Enjoy the summer!
Post a Comment