Saturday, May 22, 2010

Backtracking...

Now that I have a little more time on my hands, I thought I'd fit in a quick post about our trip to Texas.  It was a really fast trip, just Tuesday to Sunday, flying in really late and flying out really early, of course, which really left us with only four days there.  In that amount of time, I tried to squeeze in all of the wedding stuff (ie. reception, pics at the temple) and five photo shoots, which I'm still in the process of editing and have only posted pics of Rachelle on my photography blog so far.  Anyway, we had a blast, even though it went by like a blur.  My sister Charlotte and her family hosted us while we were there and we couldn't have asked for better hospitality!  During the photo shoots, my baby sister, Rachel, acted as my assistant and she was awesome!


I even had the opportunity to photograph her and got some great shots.  Who knew little Petey was so photogenic! (I'll post them on my other blog as soon as I can edit them.) 

I got to spend some time with my adorable nephew, Ethan.

Brandon and I took him and Rachel to Jack in the Box, where he got stickers in his kid's meal.
Tons of stickers makes for tons of fun!
On the last night we were there, we had a girls' night, where we just talked and laughed together as sisters (& my mom, of course!).  It was such a special thing to be able to do.

My sister Rachel (aka: Petey - who is a notorious blinker in pics! ha ha):


My sister, Kelly (holding her daughter, London - who you'll be seeing more of on my photography blog, soon):

My sister Marianne (Ethan's mom):
She had on the cutest shoes!
My sister Jill (who just found out she's having a boy!) and my sister Sarah (who just found out she's having a girl!):
My sister Charlotte (who not only gave up her bedroom for us, but provided hours of good conversation and entertainment):
My sister Melissa (who I adore, but didn't get nearly enough time with this trip):
My sister Monica (Kayla's mom - who was so busy with wedding stuff, that I didn't get enough time with her, either):
It was such a hoot reminiscing about growing up together and laughing about the cheesy Brig (drill team) routines they used to do.

I also owe a huge thanks to my brother, David, for keeping B entertained throughout the trip, since I abandoned him every day for photo shoots.  David took him on his boat almost every day.

All in all, we had an awesome trip!  We can't wait to go back, but next time we're going to stay longer and not jam so many activities into our schedule.

3 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

that does look like a great trip!
I love the picture of Ethan cuddling with your mom!

Nate and Lori said...

Uhm...you have the most beautiful sisters. And its sounds like y'all (thats for you!) have so much fun together. It makes me think of my sisters.

And just so you know, I don't think that it will ever be possible for you to gome "home" and not have too many activities jammed into your schedule. Thats always the problem when we go home too. Way too many people to see and places to go and not enough time. It's actually stressful and you come home more exhausted than when you left. If you figure out how to do it, let me know.

Lets hang out soon. Sorry about this weekend. After only 3 hours of sleep on Thursday night, I came home from work on Fri and fell asleep until almost ten.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it was such a whirlwind!! Obviously, my fault! :( Anyway, next time will be much more fun if it's not too long from now. Otherwise, it may be just as jam packed again. We miss you!