Monday, February 1, 2010

School Days


I just got back from my first class and I actually feel like a student. I am, by far, not the oldest student in there, either, which makes me feel better. Although, I think my subconscious wanted me to fit in as well as possible, so it even arranged for some "teenage skin". Lucky me. Anyway, the campus is pretty easy to navigate, the classes are super small, which I am excited about, and I am feeling very confident that I made the right decision to go back and the right decision in my program. Plus, due to Brandon getting laid off this month (did I forget to mention that? oops.), I now qualify for financial aid. YAY for free money!!! See, every cloud really does have a silver lining. Aren't I disgustingly optimistic?!?

On a side note, I have been really busy with photo shoots (with a couple more lined up) and a baby afghan I was commissioned to make, so check my other blog and check back here later for pics.

9 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I love pel-grants.
I don't love lay-offs.
I love you!

Cait and Ben said...

You both are optimists which is great! You'll do swell in school and love it too. Brandon better pack you a lunch!

Nate and Lori said...

Love the Billy Madison picture. I think that you're going to love being back in school too. Hopefully Brandon can get something lined up soon. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Kayla and Joshua said...

YAY!!! There are people in some of my classes that are in like there 50's or 60's. Oh one guy in my class looks like he is the teacher...we were all confused why he was sitting at the tables cause we thought he was the instructor! Hahhaa He had grey hair..lol

Sheryl said...

You will do great in school!! I bet it's exciting. I LOVE learning--enjoy it. Too bad about Brandon's job; that stinks. I hope he finds something soon--you two are so optimistic and have great personalities I'm sure something will come his way.

Sarah Lunt said...

Congrats! I'm SO proud of you! You're going to do awesome. I just got your text so Congrats to Brandon too!!!!

Alisa said...

Sorry about Brandon's job. That is so frusterating. Good luck with the job hunt.
I started last week in school and may possibly be one of the younger students!! Whoot whoot!

Anonymous said...

Yay for optimism! Have fun in school for free! lol

Cathi said...

Oh how we miss the days of financial aid, but it is awesome when you get it! Not to be cliche, but we have been thinking about you guys and hope things will work themselves out with Brandon's job soon.