I am exhausted...but in a good way. We've had a very busy week, especially the weekend. I worked Monday through Thursday and on Friday we rearranged the furniture in the family room before heading out to do a session at the temple. On Saturday, I had a photo shoot in the morning, lots of chores in the afternoon, and an awesome get-together that evening.
I came up with an idea for a "recession-proof" party. Sounds, weird, I know, but hosting a social gathering is expensive and money is tight these days. So, I thought it would be fun to have a sundae party. I called it Saturday's Sundaes. We invited several young families from our ward and asked each of them to bring their favorite toppings for sundaes, while we provided the venue and the ice cream. At the end of the day, no one spent more than about $10 and everyone had a full belly and a great time. We wound up with a huge assortment of goodies in our sundae bar. Yum! Yum! I think it was a huge success and we plan to host them on a regular basis. We had so much fun, I wish we had been able to invite more people, but with our small living space, it wasn't really an option. We plan to mix up the guest list each time, though, so that we can include everyone at least once.
Now I just need to figure out how to celebrate my last weekend (next weekend) of freedom before school starts. Any ideas for my last hoorah?
9 comments:
What a fun party!
I think you should tour some more of those awesome sites around you for your last hoorah :)
Sorry we missed it. We need to have a fantabulous GNO next week!!!
Deborah
You had an ice cream party and you kept it a secret from ME?
I have indeed taught my young padawans well!
You guy. Us. Cheesecake Factory. We still owe you!
What a great idea! We have been meaning to have people over for dinner but it's SO expensive to do a nice meal. Sundaes are a great idea! We totally feel you about the guest list thing, you definitely have to rotate - there's just no way to fit everyone!
How big of a hoorah are you looking for? I would totally vote for a night away after all that money you saved by doing ice cream instead of dinner! ;) Or you could go ice skating - Layne and I have been thinking about doing that for a date - there are a few places around here. You'd definitely need some hot chocolate after that though! :)
mmmmm - sounds like fun! Invite us next time ;-)
Luv ya!
You are such a busy girl! I hope you have a great weekend before the craziness starts. No wonder you were in a hurry to get going on the crocheting.
It is so difficult around here to not feel like you are leaving someone out. Everyone just has to understand that you cannot include everyone all the time and I think it's always fun to mix up the group. We had a great time. My kids never want to leave when they are playing with THEIR friends Brandon and Cari :) You two are so fun.
Saturday's Sundaes!!! So clever!! Sounds fun and delish!
So is this the secret ice cream party that is always in the ward bulletin?
Post a Comment