Monday, January 11, 2010

To Infinity...and BEYOND!

We spent Saturday in what I imagine would be Buzz Lightyear's favorite place to visit...if he were a real person, of course. We drove down to DC and spent the day at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. There were lots of amazing exhibits, including several interactive ones. We even took a free tour of the museum that was very informative. They are also working on a few new exhibits, so we'll definitely need to take another trip in a few months. (Although, we plan to go back to visit each of the other museums in the meantime, if anyone would like to join us.)

Here are some of my favorite shots of the day:

arriving at the National Mall:
It was really cold!
Of course, we made a friend along the way:
He loved having his picture taken and even said "Cheese"!
In the museum:
a model of Sputnik:

the Spirit of St. Louis:
the first plane to break Mach 1:
the Wright Brothers' exhibit (my fave!):
and, of course, we had to take a few pics on our way back to the car:

4 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

you got some great shots! I love DC (I can't say that enough!)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun trip!! Wish we could've come! LOL

Bloom Family said...

Looks fun! We would love to go down to some of the museums with you guys. We've been to the Holocaust Museum, but we still have a lot more to see!

Alisa said...

I like the squirrel cheesen for the camera!!