Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My First Homework Assignment

After hours of sitting at the computer, I finally completed my first homework assignment. It's for my 2-D Design class and it isn't due until Tuesday, but I wanted to get a head start on it, so that I could get a second (or third) opinion before I turn it in and get an actual grade. The assignment was to create a personal logo that describes me in a glance (kind of like a billboard). He advised us not to put too many elements in it, so I focused on the two things I am most proud/passionate about: my Texas heritage and my photography. I had the option to use any type of media I wanted to, which normally would have been charcoal, but I wanted to go outside of my comfort zone, so I used Adobe Illustrator and illustrated it all on the computer. Time consuming, but a great learning experience. I think the end result is pretty cheesy, but, then again, so am I.

6 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Umm can you say AWESOME!?

Kayla and Joshua said...

Hey i love it!!!! that turned out way good...i like the spurs!! lol

Deborah said...

very cool Cari. I was thinking you would have just done a picture of your fabulous self!! I would have.

OneMooreFamily said...

You clever girl!! Great idea! (Of course, I would have NEVER thought of that!)

So proud of you for getting it done early!

Anonymous said...

So creative and cool!! LOVE it!

gwppk said...

How's this:
You do a pose with a Japanese samurai sword dripping with raspberry syrup. Black leather jacket and cool sunglasses?

suggestion #2 is the same costume, but you are slicing a strawberry in mid-air.

(Brandon can hold the strawberry.)