Sunday, February 14, 2010

:( - that's my sad face

Walmart has broken my heart. The store in our town has stopped carrying my favorite mascara and I'm having withdrawals! It took me years to find a mascara that I love and when I found Max Factor Stretch & Separate, I was hooked. I've looked in the surrounding Walmarts, Walgreens, and any other store I can think of and no one carries it. The depression is setting in. I've been out for over a month and this L'Oreal crap is just that: crap. I've been looking online and am having a hard time finding a reputable source that I could order from on a regular basis. No luck. I think the depression is setting in.

On another low note...church was canceled again this week. The two storms we got this past week really wreaked havoc on the church parking lot and the road that leads up to the church. It's set pretty far back on a really pretty hill, but it's location meant that it had huge snow drifts and the road wound up staying closed until Thursday. That meant that the company contracted to clear the parking lot wasn't able to get to it until long after it had become frozen. Brandon and I answered the call to go clear the sidewalks, but were completely overwhelmed when we saw the state of the parking lot. There was no way we could even get to the sidewalks. The parking lot was in the process of being cleared, but the little bobcat they were using wasn't even putting a dent in it. So, the executive decision was made to cancel services for the day. I think we're being forced into inactivation. Hmmm...

Anyway, here are some pics of the mess:

Cars are supposed to be able to park here:
That's the entrance to the parking lot (facing out from the parking lot):
You can't even see the sidewalks, let alone get to them:
That big pile right there is where we usually park:
Yup, this is our usual parking space:Hey, I can see pavement!
More not-so-good-for-parking lot:
The guys that showed up to shovel (and me behind the camera):
I think I need to relax and try to enjoy our Valentine's Day and not let my makeup deprivation and cabin fever get the better of me.

12 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow! I heard there was lots of snow and that the parking lot was completely burried, but the pictures show just how bad it is! Wow! I was looking forward to getting out of the house and going to church....hopefully we can go next Sunday!

Meg Barry said...

Sorry about the mascara. That truly stinks. I went thru the same thing when I was pregnant with the twins. I found the perfect body wash, it was everything you ever wanted in a body wash...and they discontinued the product within 2 months after I found it! It was a horrible. Have you tried online? Good luck with that, and with all that snow =)!

Nate and Lori said...

Now Ifeel guilty for being excited about the cancelled church.

I personally love Clinique mascara. Hope you find a new one.

Kim said...

I'm sorry for your loss.But don't blame the stores if the manufacturer stopped making it. Maybe picket Max Factor Headquarters....?

Unknown said...

I feel you on the church thing. Last week I was traveling (and it was canceled anyway), the week before that we were home because of illness, the week before that James started nursery so I spent most of 2nd and 3rd hours checking on him (even though I totally didn't need to) and the week before that we were home sick. I haven't had a regular Sunday in a long time and it's starting to get to me!!! I can't wait to get back!

As far as mascara goes I love Last Blast by...Covergirl, I think??? I agree with Lori that Clinique is pretty great too although I don't currently use it. Good luck!!!

P.S. - Our families in Georgia have REALLY enjoyed your snow posts since I've been such a slacker. Now they know what it's like up here and in our neighborhood - thanks!!!

Deborah said...

I can't believe you have a picture of Colin in those jeans. I hate those jeans.

Well I still have my bottle of Max Factor mascara. You are welcome to it, I only used a few times and I never had pink eye. Otherwise I use the orange cover girl one.

I was disappointed that church was canceled too. I need to get out (get the boys out) of this house!!

Rebecca Jackson said...

I was at Wal-mart around Christmas and they had it all on clearance with coupons for Covergirl attached to it. The coupon said "as of 2010 Max Factor Cosmetics will no longer be available in the US. To Thank you for your loyalty, please accept our gift of $3 for our sister brand Covergirl's high quality products."

That is crazy about all the snow at the church. Hope your classes go well this next week!

Bloom Family said...

Thanks for the pics of the snow in the church lot. We were wondering about it. I was sad about church being canceled to. You definitely feel a difference when you don't get to go for a couple weeks!

Sheryl said...

We were sad not to go to church as well. However, we have all been sick and the plan was for me to just go to teach Sunday school and come home so we didn't spread this flu to anyone else. So it worked out okay overall for us.

Rebecca's comment makes me wonder if all
Max Factor is really supposed to be gone because I use their foundation. I HATE it when makeup you like disappears. That stinks--good-luck finding a new one.

The parking lot is CRAZY--you are a trooper!

Melissa said...

I don't know if this will help, but here is a link I found.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=159236&catid=98577&cmbProdBrandFilter=47325&aid=337953&aparam=max_factor_stretch_sep&CAWELAID=61252019

The snow stinks! We got a foot here in Dallas. I can only imagine how crazy it must be there.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen that much snow even in pictures before!! WOW! Your whole stake is inactive now I'm pretty sure! Good luck digging out and finding mascara.

Jill said...

What Rebecca said is true. I saw the Max Factor signs too with the crappy Covergirl coupons. I bought a tube...gonna use every last drop. Seriously, Covergirl? No thanks :( Covergirl really doesn't compare to Max Factor and could never replace it. I'm going to buy the color enhancing Almay mascara next time. I like their makeup and I like to my mascara to have a little color :)

Good luck with the snow and mascara!