Saturday, November 15, 2008
It's a Chocolate World!
Today we went with our friends, the Johnson's, to Hershey, PA to visit Hershey's Chocolateworld. YUM! I have to say how impressed I was with their prices. For parking, if you were there less than 2 hours, was free (We were there about 2 and a half hours and they didn't charge us! Talk about nice.). Free admission and free rides through their "factory" (a ride that takes you through the process of making chocolate) made it even better, not to mention the free chocolate they gave us as we got off the ride. (We rode it twice, by the way.) They also have an amusement park, but it was stormy, so we didn't attempt that. I'm sure the park is a bit more expensive. Anyway, there was so much chocolate! They had so many different types, including some specialty flavors that you could only buy there. Don't worry, we didn't go crazy. In fact, we didn't buy any chocolate for ourselves, just some as a gift. (We're trying to be good, but it was so hard to resist!) Surprisingly, it was actually cheaper to buy the chocolate there than at Wal-Mart (I guess it helps that they don't have to pay for shipping and other overhead costs), which made it even more difficult to resist buying ourselves a buttload (meaning a load to pack on to my butt. lol). We are definitely planning to go back after Thanksgiving, when they have the park turned into a Winter Wonderland.
This is how bad it was storming!
Our tour guides.
Cocoa beans.
Pressed cocoa powder.
Pressing the mixture into chocolate paste.
The Hershey bars in the moulds.
Heaven. lol Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my absolute weakness.

Hershey Kisses on their way to be packaged.
5 WHOLE POUNDS of chocolate!
Thank goodness this wasn't real (it was actually a piggy bank) or Brandon would have wound up with the worst tummy ache ever!
Yes, that bucket is full of chocolate, and, no, I haven't eaten any of it. ; )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
mmmmmmm, Chocolate!
That's so cool! I really want to go there! I saw that place on Jon and Kate Plus 8 and it looked like a blast. I really like the last two pictures of y'all. You would never know that Hershey's syrup wasn't real and I like your Bob the Builder hat!
How fun! We still haven't gotten out there yet. I love Reese's as well. Mmm. That pic with Brandon drinking the piggy bank Hershey syrup is great! I also didn't know they made it into a Winterwonderland! Glad you guys had a good time.
oh my goodness! what a wonderful trip!!
Post a Comment