I mentioned before that I wanted to make lap blankets to donate to a nursing home at Christmas. While this is a great plan that would help a few people, each blanket takes so long that I would probably only be able to complete 2 or 3 in time. I really wanted to be able to give several, in order to help more people. So, I decided that. instead of lap blankets for the nursing home, I am going to make knitted caps for newborns to donate to the hospital. I've already started on them (on Friday, actually) and already have 11 finished. My plan is to make 100, which is pretty ambitious, but I think I can do it. Brandon thought the cats should model them for y'all (who's the crazy cat person, now?!? lol), but Dexter wouldn't have any part of it (I think he's still mad about the elephant costume from last year's Halloween). Jack was a good sport, though. (Don't worry. They will all be thoroughly sanitized before I take them.)
Boy Hats:

Girl Hats:

Jack, the Model:


11 comments:
Great Layout!
Whew! When I read "Change of Plans" I thought you were going to say you weren't coming for Thanksgiving! LOL So very cute hats. If you can make them in a bigger size I'm sure my kids would love one too! ;)
PS - Kate keeps talking about you coming and is way excited about it!
What cute hats Cari!! I didn't know you knew how to do that. The flowers on the hats are adorable. Some little kiddos will be quite lucky.
With your change of plans thing I thought you were moving back here, but how sweet are you to do this. I think you will be able to hit your goal. And the girls hats are the most adorable things ever!!! I want one! You should sell them on Etsy when you are done with your project
can I come have my next baby at a hospital you donate these amazing hats to? here they give us these weird stocking caps that are cut and tied with string! You have an amazing cat and talent!
Love the hats idea! My favorites are the ones with the little flowers on them. So cite!
I've been trying to post this comment for like, 10 minutes! My computer was making everything I typed go from right to left- so all the words were backwards- you would've had to have a mirror to read it! LOL Okay, here goes...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hats with flowers!!!! Can you add 4 more to the list for Christmas presents- I'll send $$, well, maybe $. LOL
cute cute CUTE!! I love your hats. I wish I knew how to knit. I learned in 3rd grade but forgot.
your kitty looks so cute, what a good sport.
Gosh Cari, is there anything you can't do. Your accomplishments just gets longer and longer.
~Deborah
Awwww...he looks like a cute little eskimo! LOL! The hats are cute too. ( : Lori
lol......He is asleep in all of the pictures............lol
Hi Cari,
I made it to your blog through Embrace Bath and Body, but I also read your Stork Drop Zone Blog. I love the hats you have made! My nieces would look adorable in them. I was wondering if you made larger sizes and would be willing, if you had time, to make me a few and sell them to me. My nieces are soooo into hats, and yours would make a great addition to their heads and collections! Think about it, and if you would like to take on this project, you can e-mail me at kelgarneal@aol.com. I love that you are knitting for a great cause. My mom knits squares for baby blankets for the local hospital, too.
Your avid reader,
Kelly
Post a Comment