Sunday, June 20, 2010

Harpers Ferry

We've been hearing about Harpers Ferry, WV since we moved here and we finally made it out there this weekend.  It's a little less than an hour away from us and it's a beautiful drive down there.  We even pass through VA for all of 5 minutes on our way there.

The town is beautiful with its colonial buildings.  It has such a quaint, friendly feeling.

There's a beautiful Catholic church on the mountainside.

Right behind this church were the ruins of another church.  I didn't find out what happened to it, but it's beautiful regardless.  I think it would make an amazing site for a photo shoot.

Everywhere you turned there was a beautiful view! We couldn't help but stop for pics all along the way.

This is B at Jefferson Rock:

There's an old train station there that's still in use.  You could even walk under the supports for the track.

While walking through the town, I saw this sign sitting outside an ice cream shop:
I'm not sure what kind of scope they were talking about, but they must have run out, because when we walked back by they changed it from "scope" to "scoop".  That's more like it!  Hee hee.

Before we headed home, we walked across a bridge, along the track.

We had such a great day!  We're going to have to go back as soon as my sunburn goes away.  Darn that pale skin of mine!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Harpers Ferry is one Colin's favorite places to go. It is beautiful. I'm glad you guys had a good time. Love the pic

Anonymous said...

Y'all have tons of great places to visit out there! How fun! Very beautiful!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I love the NE, so close to so many cool and amazing places! When we lived in Manassas I loved it!

Nate and Lori said...

You guys are so good at seeing everything out here. We haven't been to Harpers Ferry. The free scope of ice cream is pretty funny...glad you got it documented.

Kitties & Cupcakes said...

Maybe there were some dads with super stinky breath. They needed Scope more than they needed some ice cream. lol It looks so pretty there!