Yesterday was Brandon's birthday, so we spent the whole weekend celebrating. Friday evening we had dinner with friends and Saturday was full of activities that B had no idea I had planned. Every year he goes above and beyond to make my birthday special, so I wanted to do the same for him. First I took him to IHOP for his favorite omelette then it was off to the golf course. In the past 8 years, B has been asking me to go golfing with him, but I find the sport very intimidating. Needless to say, he was shocked and ecstatic that I was finally going golfing with him. He had no idea that I had borrowed a set of clubs from my awesome friend, Tara, and sneaked both his and the borrowed clubs into the trunk of my car. We decided to give me some practice at the driving range first, since my experience is limited to miniature golf, at which I suck.
We split the first large bucket of balls, but when we were through with that, the heat was increasing and my swing was not improving. So, we decided to stay in the shade of the driving range.
We each got another large bucket of balls and had a blast laughing at my terrible swing and lack of body strength. Brandon said he was happy just to be at the driving range with me, so even though we didn't make it to the actual course this trip, it was still a first for us and a successful surprise. After that we headed home to get ready to go out. We went to see The Karate Kid before going to dinner at La Palapa and we loved both! On Sunday, after church, I endeavored to make a b-day dessert, rather than a cake, that B's mom used to make for him every year. It's a type of Danish pastry that takes hours to make. Luckily, I didn't butcher it and B said it was just like his mom used to make. All in all, it was a fun, relaxing weekend...just the way he wanted it.
Happy Birthday, Brandon!!! I love you!!!!!!!
2 comments:
You are super wife! I hate golf and wouldn't go. Tell B. happy birthday!
Well, having just polished off a nice piece of the Danish pastry, I can definitely say that you are an awesome wife for making that for Brandon. It is delicious! Happy 19th bday Brandon!
Post a Comment