Monday, December 14, 2009

The DC Temple at Christmas

Yesterday evening we went down to the DC Temple to see the lights and spend some time at the visitors' center with the Harbertsons and the Judds. The lights were beautifully intricate and glowed so brightly in the fog that was rolling in. It may not have been on the same grand scale as Temple Square, but it was still amazing to see and a wonderful way to celebrate the season. I loved walking through the visitors' center and looking at all of the Christmas trees and nativity scenes they had set up, but the life-sized nativity scene outside was even more beautiful. Of course, I brought my camera along. Here are some of my favorite shots:






























7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very gorgeous!!! What a great way to get in the Christmas spirit!

Cait and Ben said...

Wow, I didn't know they went all out with the lights. They look amazing! Great pictures.

Sarah Lunt said...

Sooo beautiful! Great pictures Cari - loved it. Also, I don't know if I already told you but I loved the RS video you made, it brought tears to my eyes. Sorry for the run-on sentence. haha

Love you,

Sarah

PS - the word verification has me typing "moote" which is EXACTLY how Roman tells the girls to move. So funny - we say that word all the time as a family joke. In hindsight this is probably only funny to me but I don't want to delete this REALLY long PS. I'll go to bed now.

Anonymous said...

SO PRETTY!!

codyandmeag said...

Cari- sorry we couldn't go -- too bad you can't email the Bishop with your tithing settlement-- but after looking at your amazing pictures I don't have to... I feel like I've been there:)

OneMooreFamily said...

Gorgeous pictures! You're so talented and beautiful. Thanks for sharing the trip with us (can't take us anywhere, we ruin the trip haha!) I love you!

OneMooreFamily said...

Gorgeous pictures and thanks for taking us along by posting your pictures. (Can't take us anywhere, we ruin the trip! haha!