Monday, September 14, 2009

Hey, Punkin!

When we moved into our new place, we weren't thrilled that our small garden area was overrun with weeds as tall as the privacy fence around it. Maintenance said they would be back to take care of it, but they never showed and never returned our calls. Finally, I gave up and took care of it myself and I'm glad I did. Had they come back and ripped everything out, like they had implied, we wouldn't have realized that we had a pumpkin patch mixed in there with all those weeds! I've been trying to maintain it as best I can, which, with my brown thumb, isn't very well. Luckily, this thing survived without anyone taking care of it, so what harm can I do? We even have our first pumpkin growing and lots more blooms, too.


And for fun, here are some shots of the front of our new place, for those of you who haven't seen it yet.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! Congrats on the new place it looks cute!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

adorable place and love the pumpkin! with your awesome carving skills I bet Halloween will be even better this year with a home-grown pumpkin!

Unknown said...

I am SO impressed! I never would have guessed that you had a gorgeous patch of healthy pumpkin plants under all those weeds. Good work! I'd say your thumb is getting greener. :)

I'll probably be by with the kids later to take a peek if that's okay, they love seeing things growing.

Nate and Lori said...

How awesome is that!!! And really, how is anyone going to compete with you guys this year at the ward halloween party? Last year yours were awesome and this year I expect nothing less.

Anonymous said...

See if you can grow a black watermelon. They do exists and they sell for crazy amounts!! Or maybe get a glass box and grow square watermelon.
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Looks like you could get several pumpkins!! Carving contest! lol

Bloom Family said...

I love that you have a pumpkin patch. That is soooo fun! I hope that it is just perfect for Halloween!