Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our Day in Palmyra

We were fortunate enough to also visit Palmyra and attend the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It was unbelievable! It's always interesting to visit places from history, especially when it's a history that you hold close to your heart. The entire day was wonderful, but my favorite part was walking through the Sacred Grove with Brandon. It was amazing! I can't wait to go back when it isn't so crowded.

Here are the highlights:

Such a cute town!
Lia cracks me up!!!
We visited the EB Grandin Print Shop.
Next, we visited the Smith Farm.  You could see the temple overlooking it.
This is the original home that has been restored to what they believe the original state to have been.
While we waited for our tour of the house, we checked out the grounds and the Young barn that was relocated to the Smith farm.
This is the actual fireplace where the Golden Plates were hidden. Those are even the same hearthstones that were used to cover them.
This is the entrance to the Sacred Grove.
I didn't take any pictures while we were waiting for the pageant to start, because it was threatening rain, but trust me when I say it was an incredible experience. If you are ever close enough to go, I highly recommend it. What an awesome experience. And that's one more thing I can cross off my Life List. :)

No comments: