Tuesday, July 7, 2009

28 Years Ago

On July 5, 1981 a star was born! Ha ha! Just kidding. It was just me. ;) But, yes, this past Sunday was my birthday and we celebrated in style. Brandon counts our trip to New York on Friday as part of the festivities, but I'm not complaining. Not everyone gets to go to NYC for their birthday. ;) Actually, I count the entire week before my actual day of birth as my birthday (which Brandon and Kayla were reminded of constantly), so, technically, I got to do all sorts of stuff to celebrate. Saturday was pretty relaxed. We went to the Ward Pancake Breakfast, took a really long nap, went to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse, and went to see Ice Age 3. Sunday was just as fun, even though we started the day at church, fasting no less. Afterward, Josh & Troy (Kayla's friends) came over and we all went to the Miller's house for a barbecue/birthday party complete with a Snickers ice cream cake. YUM! Brandon was very generous with his gift-giving, as always. I got some new clothes, a Coach bag (from NY), and a new pair of Nike Shox! Kayla got me a fabulous scarf and Deborah gave me the cutest beret (as seen in the pics). Boy, am I spoiled! Thank you to everyone for all of the phone calls, text messages, messages on Facebook, and emails wishing me a happy birthday! I had such a wonderful day and here are the pictures to prove it:I was really hungry from fasting. ;)

Kayla let the boys in.

Caitlin and I were relaxing on the couch.

Troy


Kayla


Nate and Ben serving up the food.


Lori


Poor Paisley didn't get any cake.


Josh and Troy are so cool. ;)


2 comments:

Deborah said...

You're a SUPER STAR!! coolest hat in the entire world!! I want to see the coach bag. Jealous!!!

Alisa said...

Happy happy! Glad you had such a great birthday week!!! Tell Brandon I want a Coach bag from NYC too!