Sorry that this is a week late, but last Saturday, March 21st, Tasha and I ran our first 10k! It was called the Piece of Cake 10k, held at Seneca Creek State Park. Don't let the name of the race fool you, because it was
so not a piece of cake. It was actually a really difficult course, because of all the hills, but we finished the race in good time (73 minutes), holding steady in the middle of the pack. I really don't think I could have done it without Tasha, though. She is an amazing runner and could have blown right past me, but she made it a point to stay right beside me and encourage me the entire way. Thank you, Tasha!!!! I'm so glad I ran this 10k. It feels like such an accomplishment, especially since I now get to mark that off my Life List. Now, I need to start training for the half-marathon at the Baltimore Running Festival in October. Anyone interested in running it with me?
Getting registered:

Getting ready for the race:

My lucky number (it's all about the 7's!):

Tasha and me (pre-race):

Taking off:

The home stretch:

Crossing the finish line:

Celebrating:

Melissa and me, paying homage to the lucky number:

Thomas, Melissa, me & Brandon:

Ben, Tasha, me & Brandon:
4 comments:
Congratulations! That's very impressive - I hope you're quite proud of yourself. :-)
you are one super amazing hot mama!
I am so impressed by runners!
I'm so proud of you Cari! Amazing! I wish I could volunteer to be a half marathon runner for you, but I don't think I'm a long distance running gal!
You're so awesome!! I'm bummed that I ditched out on you. I really was having serious knee problems though. I will come cheer you on when you run your half marathon in October and then if you're still up for one in 2010 I am so in.
Post a Comment