Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sight-seeing with the Moore's

Last Tuesday, my sister, Melissa, and her oldest son, Nolan, came to visit. I picked them up at the Philadelphia airport, so we went ahead and went to Liberty Hall and the Liberty Bell. On Thursday, we visited Gettysburg and Brandon was able to get off work early and meet us up there. On Friday, we headed down to Mount Vernon, where we got to take the National Treasure 2 Tour. We were disappointed to find out that there really is no secret tunnel. Stupid Hollywood, getting my hopes up. ;) On Saturday, Brandon was able to go with us to Washington, DC, where we visited the International Spy Museum (which included participating in Operation Spy-so fun! I highly recommend it!) and the National Museum of American History at the Smithsonian. Thomas, Melissa's husband, and the other three kids, Keaton, Landon, and India, arrived Saturday night. On Sunday, we all went up to Philadelphia to see Liberty Hall and the Liberty Bell again before taking Nolan to the airport, because he had to get back for school. Well, the Moore's will be staying with us until Saturday, so there will be much more to report later. Until then, enjoy some pics (FYI-there are a lot of them):

Philadelphia (Part 1):


Gettysburg:

Mount Vernon:

Washington, DC:

Philadelphia (Part 2):

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Again, great pics! Justin was just saying he wanted to take a trip up that way to see all the sights. I can't believe how grown up Melissa's kids are. I'm so glad y'all were all able to spend time together. Brandon looks great! Has he lost weight?

Hugs,

Melissa

Nate and Lori said...

Wow you take pictures just like I do...by the hundreds. Of course I wish I was as good as you though. I LOVE your new header pic. Adorable. Enjoy the rest of the time with your family.

Parkinson Family said...

We loved Mount Vernon! The National Treasure 2 Tour sounds cool! We went to the American History Museum today! We'll have to hit the spy museum another time.

Sarah Lunt said...

Looks like the trip of a lifetime! Visit family + See Lots of Cool Things = Perfect Vacay! I'm really disappointed that we haven't been able to make it out there...oh well maybe in a few years. I agree w/ Melissa T. You and Brandon both look great!
Love ya,
Sarah