Sunday, February 8, 2009

My sincerest apologies...

...to all my fans out there (you know who you are, Mama, Sarah, and Jill. lol) for not updating my blog lately. So, here's a quick recap of what's going on...

I'm pretty bummed, because I haven't been able to go running for about 2 weeks, due to an ice storm (snow I can handle, but ice...not so much), then because I got sick. I'm kicking myself for selling my treadmill before we moved. At least I was able to keep doing Tae Bo...until I got sick, anyway. Speaking of my illness, I started to get a bit of a cold last Tuesday, which quickly turned into a terrible, racking cough. I've been taking lots of cough medicine, just hoping it would get better, but it's been completely resistant. I haven't had much of a fever, but I've been really tired. Although, I'm not sure if that is from the fact that at night I wake myself up every 5 minutes with my coughing or from the illness itself. You will all be relieved to know that I will finally be going to the doctor tomorrow. It's true, I avoid doctors...and dentists (sorry, Jared. lol), but I've been ordered by Brandon to suck it up and just go already. I think he is a little bothered that I haven't gone, because my cough keeps him up, too. I've offered to sleep on the couch until it clears up, but he says he'd rather be bothered by my hacking than have to sleep alone. Isn't he romantic? ;) Well, despite all of that, I was able to have my first two appointments last week at the University of Maryland Dental School with Jared Parkinson. For those of you who don't know Jared, he and his wife, Heather, and their daughter, Mackenzi, are friends of ours from our ward. I did a photo shoot of them back in November and we all went to NYC together. They are some of our best friends here. Anyway, Jared is a dental student and was pretty excited when I told him I needed a crown replaced. Apparently, replacing a crown at the dental school is the equivelant of finding the Holy Grail. lol They have to perform so many of each procedure before graduating and most people would rather just pull the tooth than have to pay for a crown. I would like to keep all my teeth, so YAY for dental insurance!!! So, going to the school for my dental work is quite a process. You don't actually get to start having any work done until about the 4th visit. Luckily, we were able to get the first two appointments done back to back and I go back in on the 18th to go over our gameplan. I'm so happy to finally get all this done, so I can get braces. You may have noticed that I don't smile in most photos and if I do, I rarely show my teeth. That is because I'm super self-conscious of them. My mouth is a bit too crowded and it has always bothered me. So, I'm really grateful to be 20 minutes from the university, so I can get all the basics done and my braces done for less than I would pay at a regular dental office. I'm also happy to be able to help Jared with his requirements. It's a win-win situation. Okay, now, steering away from teeth...this Thursday I am teaching my first Enrichment Night class at church! I'm going to be teaching the basics of digital photo editing and I'm rather nervous. Have I mentioned that I'm afraid of public speaking? It's funny that I have no problem getting up and singing an acapella solo in front of the congregation, but you ask me to get up and speak in front of even a small group and my knees start knocking. I'm sure it will work out just fine, though.

Well, that's pretty much what's been going on here. I'll try to update more often, as I have recently been reprimanded for not posting often enough (*pointing finger at Alisa*).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry about you being sick :(
good luck with the photo editing class! that sounds fun!
and yay for braces!

Sarah Lunt said...

Don't you love these "Eastern" winters?! I had to go to urgent care this morning, up all night w/ an ear infection!!! I was sick last week too and also didn't get to workout. Let's chat or email about becoming workout partners. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. Give Brandon our love.

Love ya,
Sarah
oh and good luck w/ the presentation. I love presentations but HATE singing. lol

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you were sick when I didn't see you yesterday. I'm glad you're going to see a doc, hopefully they'll give you something good and you can get some sleep! I'm glad you can be Jared's holy grail too - that's too funny! We're going to get Ian to look at Layne's x-rays because something may or may not be wrong with his root canal...good to have those guys around!

Alisa said...

Girl someone as to keep an eye on you. Sorry to hear you are so sick. It is going around here, especially at work and I am trying to avoid it like the plaque and take my vitamins! Good luck with the photo class though, You will do great I just know it! And I totoally feel ya on the whole dental thing, hate it!