Since moving to Baltimore, we haven't really taken advantage of all that there is to do here. We are in such close proximity to so many things that we really need to make more of an effort to appreciate that. With that in mind, we spent Saturday in Washington, DC with our new friends, Ben & Tasha. We spent the whole day taking in our nation's capitol and there is still SO much we need to go back and see. Here are some pics from our day...
Here we are in front of Lincoln:

Here we are outside the Lincoln Memorial:

Here are Tasha and Ben walking toward the Lincoln Memorial (I just really liked this shot):

This is me at the WWII Memorial showing off where I'm from (gotta love that Texas Pride!):

This is the WWII Memorial in front of the Lincoln Memorial:

Here are Ben, Tasha, and Brandon:
Ben thought it would be a good idea to climb the Washington Monument and yes, that's as far as he got! ;) :
Here we are standing outside the Smithsonian Information Center:

Here are Tasha, Ben, and Brandon standing in front of the Smithsonian Information Center:

This is the infamous Hope Diamond at the Museum of Natural History:

This was a prehistoric moose at the Museum of Natural History:

And a woolly mammoth...:

And a T-Rex...:

This is another favorite pic of mine. This is Tasha and Ben looking through the fence at an art exhibit inside this garden:

Here we are in front of the Capitol:

Here I am with Tasha and Ben in front of the Capitol:
Notice the gun that the Capitol Police carry. They aren't messing around!:

This is inside the Capitol. It is the room where the Supreme Court was originally held:

This is also inside the Capitol. Every state has two statues representing historical figures from that state. Texas' were Stephen F. Austin and Sam Houston. This is Sam Houston's statue:

Brigham Young has a statue, too:

This is in the dome of the Capitol:

This is the painting at the very top of the dome:

Here we are at Union Station:

If you haven't already visited Washington, DC, I highly recommend it. The best part is that there is so much to do for free! We didn't pay to see anything. Although, we did pay an arm and a leg for a pretty pathetic lunch inside the Capitol. lol
4 comments:
There is definitely so much to see in DC that we don't take advantage of. Its just so cold! Thats my excuse. Your photos are all beautiful.
I loved this post! You made me feel like I was right there. Your camera is awesome!
I love love love D.C.!
How fun!! Great pictures too!!
Post a Comment