Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Stray Kitty


Well, it doesn't look like anyone wants to take the little cat that is living outside our apartment building, so I'm taking her to the shelter today. We've been bringing her in at night, since it got so cold, and have been asking people if they would like to adopt her, but so far no takers. I think it's for the best, though, because last night I realized that she is pregnant! She's really young, so it's probably her first litter. That being the case, I think it's in her best interest and the best interest of the kittens to have her at the shelter being looked after by a veterinarian. At least I will know that she is in a warm bed with plenty of food. I'm sure she will adopt out soon after the kittens are weaned. She is so sweet I just know someone will love her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so sweet. we have out kitty that we are afraid aimi lark is allergic to but I do not have the heart to get rid of her!!! any suggestions? and your picture of yourself on your run is gorgeous! look at your trim face!!! loveya!

Unknown said...

Aww, Cari, she is a cutie. That is sad that she is preggers. Hope they can find a home for all of them. That means there is a tom running around the neighborhood too. She didn't get that way on her own. ( :
A lot of people with cat allergies may have problems with other allergies. I am allergic to cats, but have always gotten used to the ones I live with. I was usually on allergy medicine for other stuff from the time I was little (mold,dust,pollen,ragweed,fragrances), so I still take Zyrtec. It covers everything, including kitty reactions.

Alisa said...

I would take her if we didn't live so far, she is a cutie, even if she does put out! Ha! well, it is very nice of you to take care of her for this long and hopefully she gets to a good home.

Marianne said...

I think taking her to a shelter is a good idea. Teen pregnancy can be really tough...poor kitty. And I'm assuming the father won't want anything to do with them...he's probably nowhere to be found...the little lerk. There's no telling how much child support they make you pay for a whole litter! Oh well, she doesn't need that deadbeat anyway. Good luck little kitty!