Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Socializing

Brandon and I absolutely love our ward! We have never felt so welcomed and are enjoying the social aspects of being in a fairly young ward. We were invited to the Bloom's house for FHE on Monday, along with a couple of other couples. We ate yummy treats, listened to a great spiritual message, then played Cranium. It was so much fun! I just wish that we could reciprocate to all of those that have invited us over. Unfortunately, we sold our dining room set before we moved and have yet to replace it. So, there's no place for people to sit if we have them over for dinner. Plus, we live so far from everyone else in the ward and not in the best neighborhood. Although, we are going to start looking for a place closer to the ward and closer to Brandon's work pretty soon. Hopefully, we will find a nice little house to rent where we can entertain all we want. So, until that happens, I apologize to everyone for not being able to have y'all over.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I know exactly how you feel. We are in an awesome ward, but in an apartment. We never host because our living room is so tiny. =( Happy house hunting.

Clark and Liesel said...

Hey you! I found your blog on Lori's today! (I hope thats ok!) It was fun to get to know you guys better on Monday! We feel so out of the social loop sometimes since we rush right off to Primary on Sunday's. So, I am glad we got to hang out with you guys! We will have to have you over sometime!

Bloom Family said...

We are glad you guys could come!

Nate and Lori said...

The entire first year that we lived here our house was completely torn up, we had no sofas and no dining room tables. So, we know the feeling. And even still, we rarely have people over because I am never on the ball enought to plan anything in advance.