Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Slump

I know, I know...I haven't been blogging, or even commenting on other people's blogs, enough lately.  I've just been in a bit of a blogging slump.  Nothing really interesting has been happening lately.  I guess I could just blog random thoughts for the sake of blogging, but...I've been too lazy for that, too. Ha ha!  I need to be better about blogging, though.  So, I will make more of an effort to record the little things and comment on everyone else's posts.

I recently went back through some of my old posts and I really enjoyed reading about things I had forgotten.  It inspired me to treat this more like a journal, as I had initially intended this to be, and try to document the little things and how I feel about things.  So, here it goes...

It's pumpkin time!  I'm really excited to go to Bougher's to pick pumpkins.  I have a few ideas for what I'm going to carve, but haven't settled on anything yet.  I'm going to be entering it into a contest at work, so I really need to kick it into gear.  I'm definitely open to suggestions if anyone has any!

I've been at my job for over two months now and I am still madly in love with it!  I look forward to getting up and going to work each morning.  I love my commute.  It takes about 20 minutes to get there and I drive the opposite direction as most of the traffic, so that really reduces the stress.  Plus, I drive through farmland the entire way.  I get to look over and see corn growing, cows grazing, horses running.  It's absolutely beautiful, especially now that the leaves are changing.

One of the good things about my hectic schedule and time apart from Brandon is that what little time we have together is more quality time.  I've found that we talk a lot more.  We've always had great conversation, but we seem to talk all the time now, in the car, during dinner, even when we watch TV.  It says a lot to me about the dynamic of our relationship that after 8 years we still have tons to talk about.  I truly enjoy his company.

I'm already looking forward to my next semester at school.  I plan to register as early as I can, so I can mix it up and take at least one fun class along with finishing my generals.  My current classes are going more smoothly now.  I seem to have found my rhythm and am enjoying my classes a little bit more.  My Oceanography class has been a bit of a rollercoaster, but I seem to be holding my own.  I have an awesome lab group and we've been able to get together to study and help each other along, but I sometimes feel like I'm in an episode of Community!  (in a good way)

My new insurance just kicked in and I'm excited to get the ball rolling on our baby plans.  I need to set up an appointment with my doctor to get a referral to the facility we plan to use. I have to admit that I'm really nervous though.  I'll probably post more about that one The Stork Drop Zone.

It's bedtime, so that's all for now.  Brandon says, "PEACE OUT!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your pumpkin creation this year! They're always fantastic! Not too many people get to brag about a work commute like yours--ENJOY!! Keep having fun!

Bloom Family said...

That is so fun you have a pumpkin contest at your work! I can't believe it's already time to carve pumpkins again! I'm not sure what you should carve, but if want to use a picture and transform it into a drawing I'm sure James would teach you. One of those fun graphic design things for you guys. :) Maybe you already know how to! Can't wait to see what you do.

Nate and Lori said...

BAUGHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets do it...this weekend! Seriously, that is my favorite thing of the entire year.