Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Time

Photobucket

I've been looking forward to this all year!  I love carving pumpkins.  It's one of the traditions B and I started after we got married and I can't wait to pass it on to our future kids.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This year I took a photograph of Harry Potter and made my own carving pattern.  Being my first time to do that, I now know that there are a few things I should do differently next year, but the end result was still enough to win me first place (and a sweet gift card to one of our fave restaurants) in the contest at work.
Photobucket

This one is actually a sketch by my favorite artist, Bart Walter, which I turned into another carving pattern.
Photobucket
I love how it turned out.  Well, I am already thinking about next year.  I'm thinking I'm going to try something completely different.  Hmmm....very interesting. :)

2 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Ooh, I know...next year you will probably be doing a pumpkin with stickers on it. Am I right?

Its just not fair that you can be so talented with your carving skills.

Sheryl said...

That is incredible!! You are such an amazing artist. We are sad we missed you at Baugher's. It looks like you all had a fantastic time though!!