Friday, May 29, 2009

Dining Out on a Budget

I'm sure I'm not the only money-conscious person out there looking for ways to be able to eat out without completely screwing up my budget. Every Friday is date night and that means going out to eat. We are pretty good about eating at the not-so-expensive restaurants to begin with, but I still strive to be extra frugal on top of that. I recently started joining the online "clubs" at some of my favorite restaurants, as a way of staying in the loop of new pricing on their menus as well as coupons. I used to be embarrassed to use those silly little clips of paper that promised savings, but in this economy, I can't afford to be prideful. Funny how our outlook changes. I now enjoy looking through the envelope stuffed with coupons and sale ads that show up in our mailbox, as well as looking online at my destination's website for any coupons they may have hidden before heading out to make my purchases. What can I say? I like saving money! So, my advice to you all is to not be afraid of joining those online clubs, because it's worth it. Surprisingly, I don't get any SPAM from them, either, just great deals. Well, I'm off to get ready for my date tonight and, yes, I have a $5.00 off coupon for the restaurant we're going to. :)

5 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

have fun! and share some of the places that offer online coupons...I only know that chuck e cheese does haha

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

i've joined uno's, olive garden, longhorn steakhouse, and chili's. so far, the best offers have come from uno's and chili's. although, most of them send you a coupon for a free appetizer just for signing up.

Unknown said...

Go you! After all, the people who might give you funny looks stay at the restaurant but the $ goes home with you!

I'm going to have to check out those sites!

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

oh, and i forgot to mention that macaroni grill is another good one. :) enjoy!

James and Amy said...

ha, ha! I didn't even know you made this post before we had our VT lesson. :) I think that is great you guys go out to eat on Fridays and that you are using the coupons. I think, sometimes with those coupons, the meal ends up being about what I would spend anyway buying food. And, let's be honest, sometimes we just need to get out of the house and let someone else cook for us, right? :)