Saturday, September 25, 2010

A First

This post is really backtracking, but I needed to document this momentous occasion.  I hosted a baby shower.  You can pick your jaw up off the floor now. Ha ha!  It's true; the same person who used to avoid them like the plague, actually hosted a baby shower.  Luckily, I'm in a really good place now and my awesome friend, Rebecca, is totally worth it.  We had a really great time.  Almost everyone we invited showed up, so it was a great turn out.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Another of my fabulous preggo friends, Deborah, helped me out tremendously with the decorations and preparations.  Thanks, Deborah!!!  She made this adorable sign.

Photobucket

I also owe a big thanks to Tara and Cathi, who helped out with the food.  

Photobucket
I have to admit to cheating, though.  I had planned to attempt to make cake balls, but I just didn't have the energy, so I bought these yummy cupcakes.  SO worth it, though!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I probably ran out of energy, because of all the time I put into making the party favors.  We chose the colors green and chocolate brown for the shower.

Photobucket
So, I used those colors to paint these little votive candles.  I loved how they turned out and, luckily, they were a big hit!

Photobucket

Rebecca scored on some adorable and very useful gifts for baby Landon.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Rebecca wasn't the only preggo one there, though.  Here she is with the other three that had announced their stork deliveries. (There was one more there that's pregnant, but hadn't come clean about it yet. :) )

Photobucket

All in all, it was a really great time and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to host. Thanks to everyone for coming and for all the help that was given!  Congrats to Rebecca and her family on their handsome little guy!!! (Stay tuned for pics from the newborn shoot.)

6 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Thanks a lot Cari for planning your first ever baby shower on a day that I couldn't make it. Some friend you are... :)

Everything turned out so cute! Showers are a lot of work and you did a great job with everything.

Oh and because I know Deborah will get on here...cute sign!

Sarah Lunt said...

Looks like fun! Was it at your house? Cute decor! I loved the votives too - you're so creative. Any chance y'all are headed to Texas for Thanksgiving??? :)

Luvs,

Sarah

Deborah said...

It's funny how you said I helped out tremendously and then it was "she made this sign". Yeah some tremendous help I was, and it was from YOUR paper. You did a great job, it was fun.
Why doesn't anyone ever tell me how wide my face looks in pictures.

Rebecca Jackson said...

You were so sweet to host a shower for me. It was so wonderful!

Thanks too Deborah!

Parkinson Family said...

love the details and pics! wish i could have been there! love the prego mom pic too - i didn't know about ariel! great job hosting, cari!

Kayla and Joshua said...

I love how you said the person who use to avoid them like the black plague! hahahahha I could totally see that...looks like your all grown up now! hahah love you!

oh ps it looked fabulous might i add...