
Yesterday, we went with friends to Baugher's to pick apples and pumpkins.

We had a great time and picked an actual "peck" of apples. (Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers...) I've always wondered how much a peck was.











We enjoyed a hayride out to the pumpkin patch, although it looked a bit more like we were being transported as cattle than a hayride. 






The pumpkin patch was HUGE, though, and had an excellent selection. We took our time and selected the perfect pumpkins.








We were prepared, because Brandon and I already selected our templates for this year's carvings, so we knew exactly what size pumpkins we needed. 

(Don't bother asking what we're carving, because it's top secret! You'll just have to wait until the Fall Festival post in a week or so to find out.) When we got to the check-out we got a kick out of seeing how much everyone's pumpkins weighed. Brandon's weighed in a little under 20lbs, mine just under 30lbs, Nate's weighed over 42lbs, and the big daddy belonged to Ben, whose pumpkin weighed just over 58lbs!!!
Picking our own pumpkins was so much fun that I think we're going to have to make it a tradition. After we loaded up our produce, Ben, Caitlin, Brandon, and I went to Michaels, where Caitlin and I picked out some great stuff for craft projects and Ben and Brandon entertained themselves with kids' costumes. 

After that we headed home to play Hand & Foot with Ben, Caitlin, Tyler, and Rebecca. We ate too much, told embarrassing stories, laughed at each other, watched football, and had an all-around good time.
It's so nice living in a place that is more conducive to entertaining than our cave in the ghetto. It was such a fun day that I am ready for a repeat...ASAP.(I apologize for the poor quality of the pics. I didn't bring my camera, because it was raining when we left, so we just used our cell phones.)
7 comments:
How fun that must have been. I LOVE FALL!! Can't wait to see the post on your pumpkin carvings. =)
Love it!!! Y'all are the professional pumpkin carvers. I can't believe there exists a 50+lb. pumpkin!! Amazing!
Baughers is wonderful! I'm excited to see what y'all (ha thats for you) do with your pumpkins.
What fun!! Never entering a pumpkin carving contest with y'all - such pros and you know how to pick them too! Pictures turned out great with a cell phone. I love what technology does for us. Fall is so exciting! Fun stuff & I can't wait to see your pumpkins.
Oh those boys are silly. And yes I upgraded my flower clip collection by 7. Awesome!
Aww how fun!! Too bad i'm missing it!! lol We went to a pumpkin patch ourselves!! :)
I miss caitlin and ben!!
And i can't wait to see how y'all carve them this year!! those pumpkins are HUGE!!
cute pictures!!! funny!!
Post a Comment